Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ready to Go...Almost

Back to reality.  Laundry, groceries, mail - the drudgery of ordinary life that I escaped for a week as I soaked up books and sunshine.

My brain continued to buzz with ideas for my current manuscript but I tried to quiet the humming.  Concentrating on others' writings is so important.  Seeing what works and what doesn't.  Finding phrases you love.  Looking at structure and grammar.  Noticing character details and viewpoints.  (Yes, I know these are all fragments.  My eighth grade grammar teacher would be ashamed.)

It spurs on creativity.  Now, if I could just reach the bottom of the laundry pile so I could let my fingers fly across the keyboard after drinking in all that creativity.  (Maybe a few pina coladas mingled with the creativity but I won't tell.)

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment