Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last Minute Shopping?


Searching for that perfect gift?  Well, I am a converted e-reader lover!  It is simply the best gift for any reader on your list.

I was skeptical of the new technology.  I felt like I was cheating on paper books much like writers of "old" who survived the transition from typewriter to computer.  There's nostalgia and comfort in the tried and true.  Take heart, the e-reader is worth the moment of anxiety.

I received mine for my birthday (not telling the number) and haven't looked back.  After quickly uploading a few books, I was hooked.  All the buzz in my head about the demise of paper books quieted.  Stories are stories, no matter the delivery.

I hope you find yourself cuddled under a blanket, loved ones close by your side and a good book in your lap.  (paper or electronic)  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment