Monday, January 3, 2011

Quiet, Please

I had great hopes of writing during the break.  What's the saying...something about a road lined with good intentions? 

It was a struggle with a house full of noisy teenagers and younger kids who provided constant distraction to my mission to sit and write/edit.  It wasn't necessarily a bad thing.  They provided me with YA insights, current trends and plenty of eye-rolling.

I discovered that I write best tucked away in my quiet office, dogs sleeping on the rug behind me and birds outside my window providing the only distraction.  It amazes me that many famous authors pen great novels in the middle of a busy cafe.  They are surrounded by a swirl of inspiration but how do they quiet it to concentrate on the world they are creating? 

What's that other saying?  Variety is the spice of life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment